If you enjoy the beauty and fragrance of candles in your home, then come and join us on this half day workshop and we will show you how you can make your own bespoke range of candles! Using a wide array of fragrances, colours and containers you can match them to your mood, the season, your home décor or use to give away as beautiful gifts to friends and family. A great skill to learn and one which could save you a fortune! All of our candles are eco friendly, primarily using soy wax plus a range of other vegetable waxes in preference to paraffin wax, which although still widely used (mainly because they are cheap to produce) are very unhealthy and unnatural.
Please note that the candles will not set enough during the morning for you to transport them home and so you will need to pop back to Bay Tree Cottage at a later date to collect what you have made.
During this ‘hands-on’ workshop you will …
- Learn how to use a variety of pure eco waxes to make your candles,
- Be shown all the materials and equipment that you need to get started,
- Understand the different wicks to use for the different candles you make,
- Add fragrance to your candles using essential and fragrance oils,
- Learn how to colour your candles using pure mineral micas and natural colourants,
- Look at the wide array of different containers that you can use,
- Learn packaging and decoration techniques to give your candles a beautiful ‘finishing touch’!
Whether your style is traditional, vintage or contemporary, you will leave the workshop with your own selection of candles to proudly display or give away as gifts, and the knowledge and confidence to continue to create many more candle in your own home.
The number of attendees on this course will be limited to a maximum of 10 people.
It is your responsibility to notify us, in advance of attending any event at Bay Tree Cottage, of any dietary requirements or food allergies. Bay Tree Cottage does not assume any responsibility for adverse reaction to any foods consumed.