If you enjoy the beauty and fragrance of candles in your home, then they come into their own at this time of year. Join us on this one day festive workshop and we will show you how you can make your own bespoke range to keep or give away… if you can bear to!
Using a Christmassy array of fragrances, colours and containers you can match them to your décor or use to suit friends and family when you to give away as beautiful gifts! A great skill to learn, which could save you some pennies this Christmas. All of our candles are eco friendly, primarily using soy wax plus a range of other vegetable waxes in preference to paraffin wax, which although still widely used (mainly because they are cheap to produce) are very unhealthy and unnatural.
During this ‘hands-on’ workshop you will …
- Learn how to use a variety of pure eco waxes to make your candles
- Be shown all the materials and equipment that you need to get started with candle making
- Understand the different wicks to use for the different candles you make
- Add fragrance to your candles using essential and fragrance oils
- Learn how to colour your candles using pure mineral micas and natural colourants
- Look at the wide array of different containers that you can use for the festive season and beyond
- Learn packaging and decoration techniques to give your candles a beautifully Christmassy ‘finishing touch’!
Whether your style is traditional, vintage or contemporary, you will leave the workshop with your own selection of hand made candles to proudly display or give away as gifts, and the knowledge and confidence to continue to create many more candle in your own home.
The number of attendees on this course will be limited to a maximum of 10 people.
It is your responsibility to notify us, in advance of attending any event at Bay Tree Cottage, of any dietary requirements or food allergies. Bay Tree Cottage does not assume any responsibility for adverse reaction to any foods consumed.