- 225g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 80g light soft brown sugar
- 110g carrots, grated finely
- 55g sultanas or chopped dates
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 110g sunflower or olive oil spread, melted
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- Preheat the oven to Gast Mark 5 /190C/375F and grease and line a 900g (2lb) loaf tin.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar, carrots, walnuts and sultanas or dates. Mix well.
- Stir in the eggs, margarine and bananas to make a soft dropping consistency.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and bake for 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then turn out to cool on a wire rack.
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings