- 6oz butter, cut into pieces
- 10oz light muscovado sugar
- 6oz dark chocolate, cut into pieces
- 100g chopped nuts
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 4oz self raising flour
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / gas mark 4.
- Grease and line an 18cmx28cm/7”x11” swiss roll tin with baking parchment.
- Put the butter, sugar and chocolate in a large pan and heat gently, stirring, until melted and smooth, then remove pan from heat.
- Stir in the nuts, eggs and bananas until well mixed, and then sift in the flour, cocoa and baking powder.
- Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 30 minutes until firm in the centre.
- Cool in the tin, then turn out and cut into approx 15 squares.
- Deliciously moist, chocolatey and utterly irresistible – they’ll keep for up to a week, tightly wrapped in foil!
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings