- 40 g ginger, finely chopped
- 1 onions, roughly chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped
- 1 kg raw beetroot, cut into small pieces
- 1 litres vegetable stock
- 3 oranges, zest & juice
- Black pepper & salt
- Place the ginger, onion, carrots, celery, beetroot in a large saucepan with the stock and orange zest.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes, until the beetroot is tender.
- Remove from the heat and whiz in the blender in batches. Process until smooth, adding the orange juice to the last batch.
- Return the blended ingredients to the large saucepan and stir to combine. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper, gently heat through and serve.
<<< Back to Soups & Savouries