- 200g butter
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 200g self raising flour
- 20g fresh mint
- 30g fresh root ginger
- 150g fresh blackberries
- 125g softened butter
- 250g sifted icing sugar
- 1tbsp milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 50g blackberries
This recipe will make you either 12 large cup cakes or 2"x8” sandwich tins.
- Preheat the oven to 180c/160c Fan/ Gas Mark 4.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy! Add the eggs and the flour a little at a time and mix to a lovely cake mixture.
- Wash the mint removing any ‘manky’ leaves and chop very finely – you can use the stalks as well as long as they are young and tender!
- Grate the ginger and add it to the cake mixture with the finely chopped mint. Mix gently so that it is evenly combined. Gently fold in blackberries using a spatula or spoon.
- Divide mixture into prepared cake tins or paper cases and bake for approx 25-30mins for large tins or approx 15-18min for cup cakes.
- When cooled it's time for the butter cream topping. Combine 125g softened butter, 250g icing sugar, one tablespoon of milk and 1 tsp vanilla extract. Beat until lovely and smooth.
Spread butter cream over cake and top with fresh blackberries.
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings