- 400g ripe blackberries
- 2-3 tbsp elderflower cordial
- 120g caster sugar
- a few fresh mint sprigs
- 300ml double cream
- 250ml full-fat Greek yogurt
- 150g ginger biscuits
- Put the blackberries in a saucepan with the elderflower cordial, caster sugar and fresh mint sprigs.
- Set the pan over a medium heat and gently bubble the mixture for 10-15 minutes until the berries soften and release their juices, then reduce to a thick coulis. Remove from the heat and let it cool a little, then taste, adding more sugar or a dash more cordial if needed. Remove the mint sprigs (discard). Allow the mixture to cool completely (it will become more like jam in consistency).
- Pour the double cream into a large bowl then, using an electric mixer, whisk to soft-medium peaks. Stir in the Greek yogurt, then fold in the cooled blackberry coulis, creating a swirled effect.
- Put a layer of ginger biscuits in the bottom of 4-6 serving glasses (…depends how big they are!) top with a layer of fool and repeat.
- Chill for at least 1 hour before serving.
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings