- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 broccoli heads (stems included), roughly chopped
- 1 leek halved lengthways and thinly sliced
- 2 cups homemade vegetable stock
- handful mint, coarsely chopped
- handful parsley, coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons coconut milk (optional)
- handful slithered almonds, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large heavy-based saucepan and add the leek, onion and garlic. Fry over medium low heat until the onion becomes translucent, 5-6 minutes. Throw in the celery and cook for a minute or two. Add the broccoli and pour the stock in. Bring to boil, add the mint and parsley and season with sea salt. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a blender and add the coconut milk. Blend until smooth. If necessary pour back into the pan to re-heat. Ladle into bowls, scatter each with a few almonds and serve hot.
<<< Back to Soups & Savouries