- 2 tbs Olive Oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic
- 350g (12oz) carrots, diced
- 2 sticks of celery, sliced
- 700ml (1¼ pints) veg stock
- 2 tsp chopped rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 410g can butterbeans, rinsed & drained
- Salt and black pepper
- Sprigs of rosemary to garnish
- Heat the oil in a large lidded saucepan: add the onion, garlic, carrots and celery, cover and sweat for 10 mins, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Add the stock, rosemary and bay leaf, bring to the boil and simmer for 20mins.
- Stir in the butter beans and continue to simmer for a further 10 mins
- Cool the soup slightly before pureeing in a liquidiser. Adjust seasoning to taste and serve garnished with a sprig of rosemary.
<<< Back to Soups & Savouries