- 25g butter
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 leek, halved and sliced
- 300g carrots, peeled and sliced
- Juice and zest of half a lemon
- 1 litre vegetable stock or light chicken stock
- 100g split red lentils
- A handful of coriander
- Sea salt
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat and add the oil. Gently saute the leek, carrots and lemon zest in the butter and oil for 15-20 minutes or until soft.
- Add the stock and lentils, bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add half the coriander. Puree, then season with sea salt and add the lemon juice to taste. Serve with a final sprinkling of coriander.
<<< Back to Soups & Savouries