- 150g self-raising flour, plus extra for dusting
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 85g butter, cubed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 free-range egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp milk or yoghurt
- 2 handfuls spinach leaves, torn
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4.
- Place the flour, baking powder, butter and salt and freshly ground black pepper into a bowl and combine until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add the beaten egg and milk to bind the mixture, adding more flour or milk as necessary, then mix to form a dough. Add the torn spinach leaves to the food processor and mix until roughly combined.
- Knead the dough on a floured surface, then shape into a round and transfer onto a baking sheet. Using your fingertips, make six indentations, large enough to hold the cherry tomatoes in the top of the dough.
- Press the cherry tomatoes into the indentations, drizzle over the olive oil and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden-brown and cooked through.
<<< Back to Soups & Savouries