For the base:
- 3 1/2 oz Digestive Biscuits, crushed
- 4oz unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 4oz unsalted butter, softened
- 4oz light muscovado sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tbsp self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp instant coffee dissolved in 1tbsp boiling water
- 1 tbsp Baileys Liqueur
For the topping:
- 6 oz milk chocolate
- 6 tbsp double cream
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 5/electric oven 190 C.
- Combine the crushed biscuits and melt butter. Press the crumb mixture into the base, and up the side of a 23cm loose-bottomed, shallow flan tin. chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until pale. Separate one of the eggs. Gradually beat in the whole egg and a yolk. Fold in the flour, followed by the coffee and Baileys. Whist the egg white until stiff and fold it in (don't worry if the mixture curdles). Pour this into the crumb case and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the filling is just set.
- Melt the chocolate and cream in a bowl over a pan of hot, not boiling, water. Stir until smooth and pour this over the tart while it is still warm. Spread it evenly over the surface.
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings