- 115g butter
- 70g dark brown soft sugar
- 200g plain flour
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 330g dark brown soft sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons plain flour
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 120g desiccated coconut
- 115g chopped walnuts
A gorgeous chewy chocolate & coconut brownie with a sweet biscuit base which makes this a wonderful teatime treat or fabulous dessert served warm with a dollop of ice cream!
- Heat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Greece and line a 20x30cm cake tin.
- To make the biscuit base, cream together the butter and 70g dark brown soft sugar until smooth. Stir in the 200g flour. Press the mixture firmly into the bottom of a 20x30cm tin. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
- For the brownie, mix together the eggs and 330g dark brown soft sugar. Stir in the vanilla. Combine the 4 tablespoons flour, cocoa (if desired), baking powder and salt; stir into the egg mixture. Fold in coconut and walnuts. Pour into the pre-baked base.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until firm. Cool and cut into squares.
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings