- 100g butter, softened
- 150g light muscovado sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150g plain chocolate, broken up, plus extra for decorating
- 100g self-raising flour, sifted
- 25g walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 6 tbsp coarse marmalade
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4.
- Grease the base of a 23cm shallow, square cake tin and line with baking paper.
- Put eggs and sugar in a bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Melt the plain chocolate and butter in a separate bowl then add to the egg mixture and stir until smooth.
- Add the flour, nuts and half the marmalade and stir in. Pour the mix into the tin, spreading evenly.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until just set.
- Meanwhile put the remaining marmalade in a saucepan and heat gently, ready to spread over the top of the brownie when it comes out of the oven.
- Leave to cool in the tin for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt extra chocolate to decorate
- Discard the baking paper and cut the brownies into approx. 12 squares.
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings