- 7oz dark chocolate
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 ¾ oz / 50g caster sugar
- 6oz / 175g full-fat cream cheese
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 5 fl oz / 150 double cream, lightly whipped
- 9oz / 265g chocolate digestive biscuits, crushed
- 3 ¾ oz / 115g butter, melted
- Line a 20cm round spring-form tin with cling film.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl set over a pan of hot water.
- Put the egg yolks into a large bowl and whisk with an electric mixer until light and thick and a trail is left when the whisks are lifted from the bowl.
- Mix the cream cheese and vanilla extract in a bowl, then stir in the melted chocolate. Fold in the whisked egg yolks and sugar, taking care not to knock out any air. Fold in the whipped cream.
- Whisk the egg whites with an electric mixer until they look like clouds!. Stir a spoonful of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture with a spatula, then cut and fold the rest until smooth.
- Spoon into the prepared tin and level the top. Transfer to the fridge for 1 hour or until just set.
- Mix the biscuits and butter together until combined. Carefully press on top of the cheesecake in an even layer. Return to the fridge for a min of 6 hours.
- To serve, fold the cheesecake upside-down onto a board or a plate and decorate with fruit.
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings