Basic Truffle Base
- 300g chocolate
- 50g unsalted butter
- 142ml carton double cream
- Put the chocolate and butter in a heat proof bowl and place over heat and melt.
- Scald the cream and pour over the chocolate mixture. Leave for approx 1 min, then stir until smooth. Leave to cool.
- Add the flavoring of your choice to the truffle mixture, and chill for approx 4 hours until firm.
- Scoop the mixture with a teaspoon, and form into small truffles. Roll in coco powder, icing sugar or chopped nuts to finish.
- Chill until needed. Will store in fridge for approx 14 days …if they last that long!!