- 150g margarine or unsalted butter
- 170g sugar
- 2 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 2 eggs
- 55g finely chopped stem ginger
- 215g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 45g desiccated coconut
- 125g icing sugar
- 10g margarine or unsalted butter
- 1 tsp finely grated lime zest
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line muffin tray with paper cases
- Beat the butter, sugar and lime zest together until light and creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the chopped ginger.
- Stir in the flour and coconut alternatively with the milk.
- Divide the mixture evenly among the cases. Bake in the oven for 25mins, or until a skewers inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
- To make the lime icing, combine all of the ingredients, adding enough lime juice to make a smooth runny consistency then decorate each cake with icing.
- We then made coloured some regal icing and had a bit of fun cutting out flowers and butterflies which we used to decorate the cupcakes!
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings