For the Cupcakes:
- 100g dark chocolate
- 100ml milk
- 150g plain flour
- 210g brown sugar
- 80g Unsalted Butter
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbp cocoa powder
- 15 oreo halves, with cream filling attached
- 350g 70% dark chocolate
- 225g unsalted butter
- 1tbsp semi-skimmed milk
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 250g icing sugar, sifted
- 6 tbsp of oreos, finely crushed
- Preheat oven to 170°C.
- Put the chocolate in a pan with the milk and half of the sugar and gently bring to the boil whilst stirring.
- Add the rest of the sugar and the butter to a mixer and mix at a high speed until pale and fluffy.
- Add the eggs gradually and mix after each addition. Sift the remaining dry ingredients together and add gradually to cake mixture.
- Pour in the hot melted chocolate and continue to mix on a slow speed.
- Divide evenly between paper cupcake cases and bake for around 20 minutes or until the tops of the cakes are springy to the touch.
- For the chocolate buttercream icing: melt the chocolate in a bowl and then leave to cool slightly.