- 170g Flour
- 130g Cornmeal (preferably stone ground)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp tomato puree
- 1 1/2 tsp finely chopped fresh rosemary
- Several dashes ofTabasco
- 60ml Olive Oil
- 240ml Whole Milk
- 225g grated Parmesan
- 120g olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- Place 9 or 10 inch cast iron skillet on the centre rack of the oven, and preheat the oven to 450 Degrees.
- Combine the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, tomato puree, rosemary and Tabasco. Whisk in the olive oil and then the milk. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry stirring just to combine. Stir in the cheese and then the olives.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and add a tablespoon of olive oil, swirling so that the oil coats the bottom and sides. Pour the batter into the hot skillet, return it to the oven, and immediately lower the oven temperature to 400 degrees. Bake until the top is golden and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean, about 25 minutes.
<<< Back to Soups & Savouries