- 150g Cornmeal or polenta
- 150g Plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/2tsp salt
- 50g parmesan, grated
- 15g fresh basil leaves, torn
- Generous grinding of black pepper
- 250g carton of natural yoghurt
- 80g drained sun-dried tomatoes in oil, snipped
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 2 tbsp extra virgin oil
- Grease and line a shallow baking tin 25 x 15cm (10 x 6 in). Pre-heat the oven to 200°C / 400°F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Stir in the parmesan and basil leaves and season with pepper.
- Make a well in the centre of the dry ingredients and add the yoghurt, tomatoes, egg and oil. Mix quickly to just combine, spoon into the prepared tin and level the surface.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins
- Turn out on to a wire rack and leave to cool slightly. When ready to serve, cut into pieces and enjoy!
<<< Back to Soups & Savouries