- 1.5L chicken stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 400g fresh pumpkin, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme, stems removed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 whole black peppercorns
- 100ml double cream
- chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Heat stock, salt, pumpkin, onion, thyme, garlic and peppercorns. Bring to the boil, reduce heat to low, and simmer for 30 minutes uncovered.
- Purée the soup in small batches using a food processor or blender.
- Return to pot and bring to the boil again. Reduce heat to low and simmer for another 30 minutes, uncovered. Stir in double cream. Pour into soup bowls and garnish with fresh parsley.
<<< Back to Soups & Savouries