- 200g unsalted butter
- 200g bar dark chocolate, 70% cocoa, chopped
- 4 large eggs
- 200g golden caster sugar
- 50g plain flour
- 50g ground almonds
- cocoa powder, for dusting
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Butter and line the base and sides of a 23cm springform or loose-bottomed cake tin. Put the butter and chocolate into a pan and gently melt together until smooth.
- Meanwhile, using an electric whisk, beat the eggs and sugar together for 5 mins until billowy and about the thickness of old-fashioned custard.
- Pour the chocolate and butter mix into the whisked egg and sugar, then fold it in very carefully using a large metal spoon.
- Mix the flour, almonds and ¼ tsp salt together, then fold into the mix until even.
- Spoon into the tin and bake for 35-40 mins until evenly set with a slight crust all over the top.
- Leave the cake to cool until warm, then release from the tin. Dust with cocoa, then cut into wedges.
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings