- 225g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 200g caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 150g pot of natural yoghurt
- 4 tbsp elderflower cordial
- 175g butter, melted and cooled
For the fool
- 350g gooseberries
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp elderflower cordial
- 200ml pot of crème fraiche
- Icing sugar fir dusting
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/180ºC Fan and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper cases.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. Beat the eggs, yoghurt, elderflower cordial and melted butter with a pinch of salt and then mix in the dry ingredients.
- Spoon into the cases, bake for 18-20mins until risen and golden, then cool on a wire rack.
- Gently cook the gooseberries with the sugar in a pan for 10 mins until the berries have collapsed a little. Stir in the cordial, taste and add more sugar to taste, then cool. Fold in the crème fraiche.
- To serve, cut a heart from the top of each cake using a small serated knife. Spoon a little fool into each cake, top with the piece that you cut away, then dust with a little icing.