- 1 Red cabbage
- 2 small red onions, diced
- 2 red apples, cored and diced
- 250g cooked beetroot, diced
- 50g pecan pieces. roughly chopped
- 2 large oranges
- 5tbsp red wine vinegar
- 3tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 2tbsp clear honey
- 2tbsp olive oil
- fresh coriander, chopped
- Quarter the cabbage, then cut out the white core at the bottom and discard. Finely shred the cabbage and tip into a large mixing bowl with the onions, apples, beetroot and pecans. Finely grate over the zest from the oranges.
- Cut a little from the top and bottom of each orange, so they sit flat on your work surface. Use a small, serrated knife to cut away the peel and pith in strips down the orange. Holding each orange over a bowl, cut away the segments, letting them and any juice drop into the bowl. Squeeze any juice left in the membranes into the bowl too. Fish out the segments, roughly chop and add to the salad.
- Whisk the red wine vinegar, redcurrant jelly, honey and oil into the orange juice with some seasoning, then stir into the salad. Scatter the chopped coriander over the top.
- Will keep for 3-4 days in the fridge.
<<< Back to Soups & Savouries