- 225g salted butter
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 125g dark muscovado sugar
- 150g marmalade
- 4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 400g Rolled Oats/Museli
- 50g stem or crystallised ginger
- 50g dark chocolate
- zest of one orange
- 200g raisins
- Line a tray (I used a 25cm by 25cm one) with greaseproof paper and preheat the oven to 150℃. Soak raisins in boiling water.
- Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup together until bubbling gently, then add in the marmalade and as soon as it is melted, take off the heat. Drain the raisins.
- Put the oats and the ground ginger and sliced ginger in a bowl and add in the raisins, orange zest and butter-syrup mixture, stirring well.
- Spread the mixture out in the tray making sure you fill the corners properly. Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool for about 5 minutes, then cut into pieces. Leave to cool completely in the tray to stop them falling apart when lifted out.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle over the top of the flapjacks in a decorative pattern - can use a piping bag to do this if you find it easier.
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings