- 115g soft brown sugar
- 120ml sunflower oil
- 2 eggs
- 115g grated pumkin or butternut squash
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- 115g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 150g white chocolate, chopped
- 25g dark chocolate
- Preheat the oven to 180c/160c Fan/ Gas Mark 4, and line muffin tin with paper cases.
- Put the sugar in a bowl and then beat in the eggs and the oil. Fold in the grated squash or pumkin and the lemon zest. Combine the flour, baking powder and ground cinnamon in a bowl, then sift into the cake mixture and fold in.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases and bake for about 18mins until risen and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- To decorate, melt the white and dark chocolate in two seperate bowls and leave to cool slightly, then spoon the white chocolate over the cupcakes.
- Put the dark chocolate in a piping bag. Put a dot in the centre of each cake, then pipe three concentric circles around the dot. Using a skewer, draw a line from the central dot to the outside edge of the cake and repeat about 8 times all the way round to create a spiders web pattern!
Here are a selection of Spooky Cupcakes that we made at our Autumn Cupcake Workshop! We made the Pumpkins out of marzipan which we had coloured with a little bit of orange food colouring!
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings