- 75g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons bicarbonate of soda, sifted
- 600ml double cream
- 1 (397g) tin condensed milk
- 45ml vodka
- To make the honeycomb, place a heavy-bottomed saucepan on the hob and heat the caster sugar and golden syrup until the sugar melts and caramelises.
- Add the sifted bicarbonate of soda and stir well when it starts to bubble. Pour the mixture onto a greased baking tray and allow to cool in the fridge.
- For the ice cream, whip the cream until it has soft peaks and double the volume. Fold in the vodka and condensed milk and whisk until firm.
- Break the honeycomb and it mix well into the cream mixture.
- Pour it into a container and freeze for at least eight hours, stirring ever hour or so to keep it smooth. If you have an ice cream maker - follow the instructions.
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings