- 200g granulated sugar
- 150g golden syrup
- 4 teaspoons water
- 3 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 200g dark chocolate, chopped
- Grease a 28x18cm deep roasting tin.
- Put sugar, golden syrup and water in a heavy saucepan and stir over a very gentle heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Then bring to the boil and boil for 7 minutes, stiring all the time to make sure sugar doesn't burn.
- Remove from the heat and quickly add the bicarbonate of soda. The mixture will froth. Stir quickly and pour into the prepared tin.
- When cold, break into pieces.
- Place chopped chocolate into a double boiler over medium-low heat. Once the chocolate has melted, dip the honeycomb chunks into the warm chocolate, then place on wire drip tray to set.
<<< Back to Chocolates & Sweets