- 12 sprigs of lavender
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped lavender
- 300g/10oz chocolate
- 50g/2oz unsalted butter
- 142ml carton double cream
- Bring the cream just to the boil and add the lavender sprigs. Leave to infuse for a minimum of 2 hours. Remove the lavender sprigs.
- Put the chocolate and butter in a heat proof bowl and place over heat and melt.
- Bring the cream just to boiling point and pour over the chocolate mixture. Leave for approx 1 min, then stir in your chopped lavender and ensure the mixture is fully mixed. Leave to cool.
- Add the flavouring of your choice to the truffle mixture, and chill for approx 4 hours until firm.
- Scoop the mixture with a teaspoon, and form into small truffles. Roll in coco powder, icing sugar or chopped nuts to finish.
- Chill until needed. Will store in fridge for approx 14 days …if they last that long!!
<<< Back to Chocolates & Sweets