- 225g Fresh or thawed frozen raspberries
- 25g Sunflower or olive oil spread
- 110g Sugar
- Grated zest and juice of one lemon
- 25g Plain flour
- 150ml Skimmed milk
- 1 egg separated, plus one egg white
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Prepare a bain-marie ( a roasting tin half filled with cold water is ideal)
- Spoon the raspberries over the base of an ovenproof dish (approx 20cm diameter)
- Cream together the spread, half the sugar and the lemon zest
- Mix together the remaining sugar with the flour.
- Best the lemon juice into the creamed mixture ...it will curdle at this point, but don’t panic!
- Whisk together the milk and the egg yolk. Gradually beat this into the creamed mixture, alternating it with the flour mixture. It will still look a bit curdled ...remain calm!
- In a clean bowl, whisk the egg whites to form soft peaks and fold this into the lemon mixture, and pour into the ovenproof dish over the raspberries.
- Place the dish into the bain-marie and then put into the middle of the oven. Bake for about 45minutes, until it is golden brown and the top is set.
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings