- 5 eggs, seperated
- 115g sugar
- grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 25g plain flour
- icing sugar, for dusting
- 8 tbsp lemon curd
- 250ml double cream, whipped
- Line a 33 x 23cm Swiss Roll tin with grease proof paper. Pre-heat the oven to 190°C/375°F
- Place the egg yolks, sugar and lemon zest in a bowl and whisk for 2-3 minutes until pale and thick. Fold in the flour.
- Boil 2tbsp of lemon juice and fold in at once
- Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks and fold in carefully.
- Pour mixture into prepared tin, shake gently to level the surface and bake for 15mins until the middle is springy to the touch. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for about 2hrs.
- Thickly dust a sheet of grease proof paper with icing sugar and turn out roulade onto the paper and peel off the lining paper
- Spread the lemon curd to the edges, and then cover with cream
- Roll up the roulade tightly from the long edge, making sure that the seam ends up underneath. Dredge with icing sugar and serve!
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings