For the filling
- 3 eggs
- 85g golden caster sugar, plus 1 tbsp
- 85g plain flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- flesh from 2 large, ripe passion fruits
- 2 mangoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 250g frozenraspberries, defrosted
- 200g tub 2% Greek yogurt or very low-fat fromage frais
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6. Grease and line a 30 x 24cm Swiss roll tin with nonstick paper. Put the eggs and sugar into a large bowl and beat with electric beaters until thick and light, about 5 mins. Fold in the flour and baking powder, then the vanilla. Tip into the tin, tilt to level the mix, then bake for 12-15 mins until golden and just springy. Turn onto another sheet of paper, dusted with 1 tbsp caster sugar. Roll the paper up inside the sponge, then leave to cool completely. Sponge can be frozen for up to 1 month.
- Fold sugar, passion fruit pulp and one-third of the mango and raspberries into the yogurt. Unroll the sponge, spread with filling, then roll up. Serve with the rest of the fruit on the side. Roulade can be filled and rolled up to 2 hrs before serving and kept in the fridge.
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings