- 175g plain flour
- 25g porridge oats, plus extra for sprinkling
- 175g light soft brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- zest and juice 1 orange
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 150g pot plain yoghurt
- 1 large egg
- 9 tsp chunky marmalade
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6 and line a muffin tin with 9 paper cases.
- Combine the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder and bicarb in a bowl.
- Whisk the orange zest and juice, oil, yogurt and egg together with a fork, then lightly stir the 2 mixtures together until just combined.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of the mixture into each muffin case, top with 1 tsp of marmalade, then cover with the remaining muffin mix and a sprinkling of oats.
- Bake for 15-20 mins until cooked through and golden, then leave to cool slightly.
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings