Plus a selection of "flaourings" - here are some suggestions we used.
- Chocolate chip and mixed nuts
- Peppermint Matchmakers
- Fudge & Orange Zest
But you can be as inventive as you like ... just try to use ‘dry’ ingredients (i.e. not soft fruit) otherwise it will change the consistency of the meringue mixture and it won’t make such a lovely light melt-in-the-mouth cookie!
- Whisk the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Add the sugar, a spoon at a time, whisking well.
- Then you need to add your chosen filling, gently folding it into the meringue until it is well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Then using two desert spoons, spoon the meringue mixture out onto the baking paper.
- Once you have done them all, pop them into the oven and leave then to gently cook. When they are firm and dry and lift easily from the paper, they are done!
- If you are using a conventional oven, preheat the oven to 350°. Place cookies in the oven, shut the door and turn the oven off. Leave cookies in the oven for at least 8 hours or overnight to cook.
- When they are cooked remove them from the oven and cool on a wire rack and then store in an airtight container; or if you are making them for your Valentine, you can package them up to make a beautiful present! Hope they like them!
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings