For the Garnish
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 green chilli, finely choipped
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 410g can mixed beans, rinsed and drained
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 425ml vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- black pepper
- 4 tsp sour cream
- 1 spring onion, sliced or handful of fresh chives
- handful of fresh coriander leaves, snipped
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion, pepper, garlic, chilli and spices. Cover and sweat for 10mins, shaking the pan occasionally.
- Stir in the beans, tomatoes, stock and oregano. Add a smattering of sugar, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 mins.
- Season to taste and dish out into serving bowls.
- Top each with a dollop of cream and sprinkle with spring onions and coriander leaves
<<< Back to Soups & Savouries