- 320g all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp semolina
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 226g unsalted butter
- 100g light brown sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 2 small (8oz) jars of Mincemeat
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Greece and line a 9 x 9 inch (23 x 23 cm) pan. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk the flour, semolina, and the salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer (or with a hand mixer), beat the butter until smooth (about 1 minute). Add the sugar and beat until smooth (about 2 minutes). Beat in the vanilla extract. Gently stir in the flour mixture just until incorporated.
- Evenly press two-thirds of the shortbread into the bottom of the prepared pan. Then evenly spread the mincemeat over the shortbread base, leaving a 1/4 inch border. With the remaining shortbread dough, using your fingers, crumble it over the top of the mincemeat. Then lightly press the dough into the mincemeat. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes, or until golden brown on top. Remove from oven, place on a wire rack, and while still hot, cut into 16 squares.
Gorgeous served warm from the oven with a dollop of whipped cream or crème fraiche!
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings