- Golden syrup 4 tbs
- Butter or margarine 6oz
- Plain chocolate 4oz
- Digestive biscuits 8oz
- Rich tea biscuits 4oz
- Walnuts 4oz
- Sultanas 6oz
- Grease and line a swiss roll tin
- Crush biscuits by putting in a plastic bag and bashing with a rolling pin ...not too hard!
- Put crushed biscuits, dried fruit and nuts in a large bowl and mix together.
- Melt syrup, butter and chocolate in a large saucepan over a low heat stirring all the time.
- Pour chocolate mixture over crushed biscuits and dried fruit, and stir well until well combined.
- Spread mixture into tin, pressing down with back of spoon to ensure it is nice and compact.
- Place in fridge until firm, usually over night (...if you can wait that long) then turn out and cut into squares.
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings