- 1.8kg chopped onions
- 1.8kg chopped apples
- 907grams chopped dates
- 907grams chopped apricots
- 907 grams sultanas
- 3 pints malt vinegar
- 1.8kg dark brown sugar
- 8tbsp curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- This is the easiest chutney to make and it tastes wonderful!
- Put all the ingredients into a large china bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Leave for 36 hours, stirring occasionally, and then put into warm sterilised jars.
- It is wonderful with cheese and ham, or try it under grated cheese on a piece of toast to make the best ever Welsh rarebit!
- But you don’t have to eat it a hurry – it will keep for months, if not years!
<<< Back to Chutneys, Pickles & Preserves