- 1 egg, beaten
- 5 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 250g plain flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 250ml milk, or as needed
- Preheat an oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Line a baking tray with parchment. Beat eggs in a bowl and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda until well combined. Add in milk, several tablespoons at a time, until the mixture forms a soft dough. Turn the dough out onto a well-floured work surface, and knead several times until the dough comes together.
- Roll the dough out into a rectangle about 1cm thick, and cut into 5x8cm squares. Place the squares onto the prepared baking tray and brush each square with beaten egg, and sprinkle the top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the squares are lightly browned, about 10-15 minutes
<<< Back to Soups & Savouries