- 180ml condensed milk
- 2 ½ tsp peppermint essence
- 495g icing sugar
- Approx 175g melted dark chocolate
- Mix the condensed milk, peppermint essence and icing sugar in a large bowl. This will form a very stiff dough, which will require quite a bit of ‘working’ with your hands until it is smooth. Add additional icing sugar or milk to get the right consistency.
- With a rolling pin, roll out the dough about 5mm to 1 cm thick, dusting the rolling pin with sugar to prevent it from sticking.
- Cut out the shapes that you want . These can either be simple squares or use cutters to make different shapes.
- Set out the creams to dry on non-stick baking sheets. Let them dry for several hours on each side until they are firm enough to work with. This make take 12 hours.
- Once the creams have dried, pour the melted chocolate into a bowl. Drop in a cream, flip it over to coat and bring it out with a fork or spoon. Lay it on a baking sheet to set.
Arrange in a gift box or serve! Will keep in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.
<<< Back to Chocolates & Sweets