- A little oil, for greasing
- 125g unsalted butter
- 125g caster sugar
- Zest of one orange
- 1 medium egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 125g jumbo porridge oats
- 75g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 100g orange-flavoured dark chocolate, cut into chunks, plus extra to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4. Lightly oil two baking sheets.
- Beat the butter, orange zest and sugar together in a large bowl until creamy. Beat in the egg, vanilla extract, oats, flour and baking powder until well combined.
- Stir the pistachio nuts and chocolate chunks, and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 16 and spoon, spaced well apart, on to the baking sheets. Press down slightly with the back of a fork and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Allow to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Melt chocolate and put into piping bag with narrow nozzle and decorate!
These cookies will keep in an airtight tin for up to 3 days .... if they last that long!
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings