- 500g firm plums, quartered
- 2 big Braeburn apples or other - peeled, cored and chopped
- Shortcrust pastry
- 6 tbsp plum jam
- 3 tbsp ground almonds
- 2 tbsp honey
- sprinkle flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / Gas 6. Grease and flour a tart tin.
- Put apples in a small saucepan with a splash of water. Simmer until the apples are completely soft. Then blend to your liking.
- On a floured surface roll out your pastry; it should be about an inch bigger than your mould. Cut to size and place inside the prepared mould. Don't forget to prick the bottom of your pastry with a fork, so it doesn't rise. At this point if you want to precook the pastry you can, finishing with an 'egg wash' to give a crisp base.
- Take your mould ready with the pastry, cover the base with the jam and then sprinkle over the ground almonds. Next pour in the apple compote - add just enough to cover the base. Add the plums in a circular pattern, skin down. Glaze with honey and sprinkle with flaked almonds.
- Bake in pre-heated oven for 20 to 30 minutes.
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings