- 1 lb rhubarb roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 6 oz caster sugar
- 1/2 pint double cream
- Can of ready to serve custard (425ml)
- Place rhubarb, water and sugar in a saucepan, heat gently and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes until the rhubarb is softened and like a purée.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Gently whip the cream until it forms soft peaks, then gently beat in the custard.
- Stir in the rhubarb purée.
- Place in container and freeze until slushy, then beat and refreeze until firm, or use an ice cream maker.
<<< Back to Cakes & Puddings