- 4 lbs Rhubarb
- 1 Lemon
- 4 Oranges
- 1 pint water
- 2 lbs Castor sugar
This is a wonderful way of using up a glut of rhubarb, especially later in the season transforming it into a delicious marmalade to enjoy on your morning toast! It’s definitely a favourite in our house!
- Wash and dice the rhubarb into approx 2cm lengths and place in a large preserving pan.
- Finely peel the zest of the oranges and lemons, then remove the peel and finely chop the fruit using a food processor if you have one. Add fruit and peel to the rhubarb.
- Add the water and cook on a low heat for 30mins, then add the sugar and set aside for an hour.
- Bring to the boiling point and simmer for 2 hours stirring frequently so it doesn’t burn.
- Pour into clean jam jars that have been sterilised in your dishwasher or oven. Cover securely with tight fitting lids and store in a dark place.
<<< Back to Chutneys, Pickles & Preserves