- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 orange pepper, deseeded and diced
- 1 aubergine, cubed
- 2 small red onions, partered
- 2 courgettes, trimmed and thickly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- black pepper
- 100g feta cheese, cubed
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 5 large sheets of filo pastry
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 7/220C.
- Place the prepared peppers, aubergine, onions, courgettes and garlic cloves in a large roasting tin. Drizzle over the olive oil and stir well to ensure the vegetables are thoroughly coated. Sprinkle over the thyme and season with black pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until the vegetables are tender and the edges just beginning to char. Remove from the oven and leave aside to cool for about 10 minutes. When cool, carefully stir in the feta cheese and balsamic vinegar.
- Reduce the oven temperature to Gas 5/190C. Place a sheet of non-stick baking parchment on a baking sheet measuring 33 x 23cm
- Lay one sheet of filo pastry on a clean work surface and lightly brush with a little of the olive oil. Lay the second sheet on top of the first and lightly brush with oil. Repeat the process with the remaining sheets.
- Carefully spread the roasted vegetable mixture over the pastry, leaving a border of 2.5 cm around the edges. Fold over each short end and then roll up the pastry lengthways like a Swiss roll. Ensure the short ends remain tucked in. Transfer carefully to the baking sheet, making sure that the seam is underneath. Lightly brush the top surface of the pastry with any remaining oil. Using a sharp knife make light diagonal slashes across the top of the pastry.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden. Remove from the oven and cut into thick slices to serve.
<<< Back to Soups & Savouries