- 250g new potatoes, very thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 7 Eggs
- 25g grated Parmesan
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped chives
- Black Pepper
- 25g Rocket
- Rinse the potatoes in cold water to remove some of the starch. Pat dry between two tea towels.
- Heat the oil in a 10 inch non-stick frying pan with a heat proof handle. Add the potatoes and fry gently for gently for about 15 minutes until cooked and just colouring. Stir them around in the pan, turning them occasionally.
- Pre-heat the grill to a medium/high temperature.
- Lightly beat together the eggs, parmesan and chives. Season with pepper (the parmesan means that you won't need any salt).
- Scatter the rocket over the potatoes and then pour the egg mixture over the top. Cook gently for 3 minutes to set the underneath, shaking the pan occasionally but not stirring. Press the rocket down if it rises to the top.
- Now place the frying pan under the grill and cook for a further 3-4 minutes till puffy and gold and the egg is set.
- Allow to cool in the pan and serve, sliced into wedges, at room temperature or cold from the fridge.
<<< Back to Soups & Savouries