- 200g medium or rough oatcakes, finely crushed
- 125g butter, melted
- 250g full fat soft cheese
- 250g ricotta
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 100g strong cheddar cheese, cut into small cubes
- 3 tbsp chopped mixed herbs - chives, parsley, thyme, oregano
- Preheat oven to Gas Mark 3/170C. Greece and line a 20cm spring form cake tin.
- Mix together the oatcake crumbs and butter, then press into the cake tin creating a smooth surface with a spoon. Chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Whisk together the soft cheese, ricotta and eggs until smooth, then add the herbs and two thirds of the cheddar cheese. Season well with salt and pepper then pour into the tin, and scatter the remaining Tickler on top.
- Place the tin onto the baking sheet and bake for approximately 40 minutes, or until the cheesecake is slightly springy to the touch around the edges and the centre is wobbly but not liquid. Remove from the oven and leave to cool before chilling, preferably overnight to allow the flavours to develop.
- Serve with fresh green salad and some homemade chutney!
<<< Back to Soups & Savouries