- 115g butter
- 115 caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 115g self raising flour
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbs milk
- 175g white chocolate
- 175g cream cheese
- 6 tbs crème fraiche
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 6 tbsp icing sugar
- Fresh strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºC) and line a muffin tin with paper cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until pale and fluffy, then beat in the egg, a little at a time. Sift the flour into the mixture and fold in, then stir in the vanilla extract and milk.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases. Bake for about 10 minutes until risen and golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean. Transfer onto a wire rack to cool.
- To decorate, check that none of the cakes have risen above the rim of the paper cases. If they have, carefully slice off the top using a serrated knife to creat a flat surface.
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl, and set aside to cool. Beat the cream cheese, crème fraiche, vanilla extract and icing sugar together in a separate bowl, then beat in the melted chocolate.
- Smooth the cream cheese mixture over the cakes, and chill for a min of 1½ hours. Decorate with fresh strawberries & serve.